POSITION TITLE: AP Specialist
This position will maintain vendor files and ensure timely and accurate payment to our suppliers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Performs other duties as required to support Accounting
- Codes such items as invoices, vouchers, expense reports, check requests, etc., with correct codes conforming to standard procedures to ensure proper entry into the financial system.
- Handles all vendor correspondence via phone or email
- Investigates and resolves problems associated with processing of invoices and expense reports.
- Prepares batch check runs, wire transfers, and ACH transactions.
- Assists with monthly status reports, and monthly closings.
- Reconciles various accounts by identifying errors in posting or omissions by applying appropriate accounting standards.
- Receives, researches and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons.
- Files, maintains, and distributes accounting documents, records and reports.
- Success is measured by meeting deadlines on monthly closing calendar and daily tasks.
- Success is also measured by thoroughness and accuracy of work product.
- AP Specialist must maintain effective working relationships with other Loyal Source employees and outside suppliers.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: BA/BS in related field
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: Familiar with the accounts payable processing cycle
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Proven experience with a minimum of 1-3 years in relevant work experience.
- Experience with accounts payable functions and the month-end cycles
- Good excel skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Communicates and works well with others in a team environment.
- Effective time management skills, with strong organization and prioritization abilities.
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employers and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.