The Employee Relations Specialist will facilitate employee relations on behalf of the company.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Assisting employees and managers with questions regarding company policies and practices.
- Recognize sensitivity, complexity and urgency of employee relations issues and take appropriate action, including providing sound guidance on a resolution and protecting sensitive information to the extent possible.
- Advises and trains employees and managers in best employee relations practices and strategies for managing supervisor problems and employee grievances.
- Review and approve progressive disciplinary notices. Escalate progressive steps and/or terminations of employment to HR Leadership for review and approval.
- Interpret Progressive Discipline Policy and other employment related policies to ensure consistent and fair application for improved employee morale.
- Conduct prompt, thorough, neutral, accurate and defensible workplace investigations into allegations of misconduct, including but not limited to: harassment, (including sexual harassment), discrimination, retaliation, insubordination, workplace violence, substance abuse, safety and security violations, and violations of company policy or procedure. Will be expected to conduct high-level workplace investigations on short timeframes ranging from simple to complex issues and escalating significant issues to HR Leadership.
- Track and log employee related incidents in company systems.
- Provide recommendations on topics of monthly or quarterly employee related training with managers and supervisors. Assist HR Leadership with hosting trainings as needed with managers and supervisors.
- Provide monthly and quarterly incident reports to HR Leadership to determine potential trends or issues at company and client locations. Discuss action plans to prevent continuous or further issues.
- Thorough documentation of all incident reports and investigations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Employee Relations, Human Resources or related field required or, three years of professional human resource experience, including three years in employee relations preferred OR its equivalent through training, education, and other experience
- Must have extensive experience with CA labor and employment laws
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of state and federal laws concerning labor relations.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Thorough understanding of EEOC, ADA, etc.
- Thorough understanding of dispute resolution and excellent documentation.
- Ability to remain tactful, calm, and persuasive in controversial and/or confrontational situations.
- Competent in the use of MS Word and Excel.
- Competent in Outlook
- Competent in Google platforms
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employers and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.