Loyal Source Government Services is looking for an experienced Director of Medical Services for an opportunity in Texas.
Lodging and meals will be provided throughout the duration of the contract.
The Medical Director is responsible for the coordination and oversight of all medical care and quality of services provided at the center level. Ensures proper functioning of day–to-day operations of the facility, in coordination with clinic staff, to provide consistent quality of care to patients. This role also provides delivery of medical services to patients of the center. The medical director oversees the activities of group providers, analyzes results and provides feedback.
Essential Job Functions
• Provides leadership for a number of activities related to the delivery of medical care and clinical services such as cost management, utilization review and quality assurance.
• Collaborates in the development and periodic review of written clinical policies, guidelines and protocols for the functioning of the clinic and responsibilities of the clinicians.
• Supervises risk coding, HEDIS quality metric completion by group providers and provides feedback.
• Participates in the recruitment and selection process for medical providers and other clinic staff.
• Plans, assigns, and directs work; assesses and appraises providers performance.
• Assumes responsibility for quality of medical services rendered to patients by monitoring quality and appropriateness of care.
• Provides guidance and leadership for performance guidelines.
• Oversee clinical peer review.
• Provides supervision of continuing professional education, in-service training and orientation of new medical staff.
• Provides key input to the development of care delivery policies and procedures.
• Oversees documentation and care planning.
• Performs periodic review of practice management functions.
• Address emergency issues.
• Assures a high standard of medical care by reviewing results of patient satisfaction surveys; reviews and handles clinical patient complaints.
• Maintains OSHA, ACHA, emergency preparedness, infection control and regulatory compliance for the clinic.
• Supports provider education, in-service training and orientation of new medical staff.
• Provides professional oversight for advanced practice nurses (ARNP) and/or physician assistants (PAs) with collaboration agreements.
• Handles provider behavior and impairment issues.
• Analyzes, manages and develops improvement plans for adverse events as well as patient complaints/issues that arise from medical care.
• Leads physician governance committees to include Medical Records Quality Committee, Infection Diseases Committee, and Adverse Events Committee.
• Participate and lead in future development projects for the organization.
• Deliver direct patient care within the clinic scope of practice.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
• MD or DO from an accredited school of medicine.
• Full and unrestricted license in one of the primary care specialties.
• Unrestricted license to practice medicine in the selected state.
• Any combination of education, training, and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties and responsibilities as described including related work experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
• Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish.
• At least two years of experience as a primary care physician and one year as a Medical Director.
• At least two years of experience working with multi-cultural patient population delivering patient-centric programs that are high quality and cost effective.
• Relevant or any other job-related vocational coursework
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employer and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed