Corporate General Counsel will work with the leadership team to manage all legal matters and risks. The main purpose of the role is to lead the legal and compliance function globally, to ensure that the Company adheres to all legal, regulatory requirements and best practice. You will be responsible for enforcing policies and regulations in all aspects and levels across the Company as well as providing guidance on legal and compliance matters.
As Corporate General Counsel, you will primarily be responsible to examine and draft business agreements and contracts with customers, vendors, and other outside parties, manage copyrights, trademarks, patents and trade secrets, insurance matters and employee relations. Ensuring, that our company operates within the law, offer counsel on legal issues, create an effective guardian of the organization, and facilitate business strategies development.
The successful candidate will be able to ensure legal compliance and limit risk exposure. To ensure success, the Corporate General Counsel must have sound knowledge and understanding of applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to the Federal Acquisition Regulation and the ability to make prudent legal decisions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
Responsibilities: Including but not limited to:
- Provide expert and strategic legal advice to management
- Ensure legal compliance regarding Government Contracting
- Counsels HR, local management, and supervisors on handling employee relations matters, including employee counseling, discipline and benefits issues.
- Lead or provide advice and mentorship on internal investigations. Recommends and helps implement appropriate actions.
- Defend employment related claims, including leading litigation efforts, responding to administrative claims from governmental agencies and settlement demands.
- Negotiate resolution of claims.
- Prepares, directs and conducts training programs on employee relations matters, for example, employment law updates, discipline, investigative techniques and documentation preparation.
- Review and provides input on policies, procedures and specific cases which are impacted by legislation such as FMLA, ADA, FLSA, OSHA, ERISA, state Worker’s Compensation and Employment discrimination laws.
- Develop legal strategy and objectives
- Set internal governance policies and manage the impact of external factors
- Evaluate and weigh multiple inputs and impacts of any decision or course of action
- Anticipate issues and estimate risks strategically
- Identify proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate risks
- Draft agreements that minimize risks and maximize legal rights
- Meet legal objectives
- Base your decision-making process on ethics and integrity
- Create associations of trust and respect with key stakeholders
- Deal with external parties (regulators, external counsel, politicians, clients)
- Attract, develop, direct, motivate and drive performance from team
- Deal with complex, significant matters that cut across legal and related areas
- Keep abreast of legislative changes
- Ensure legal compliance regarding Government Contracting, support mergers and acquisitions (M&A) activity, employee safety and data protection programs, corporate governance and establish the prudence of defending and prosecuting lawsuits.
- Juris Doctorate Degree -accredited by the American Bar Association
- License to practice in the state of Texas
- Full understanding of the FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulation)
- The Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) consist of 53 sections, with each section dealing with an aspect of the acquisition process. General government acquisition matters and acquisition planning are covered in the first 12 sections, with the remaining 41 sections dealing with labor laws, contract administration and other related topics.
- Knowledge of statutes, rules and regulations pertaining to businesses
- Ability to communicate and interact with officials at all levels of government.
- Overall broad legal knowledge (corporate law, litigations, labor law, etc.)
- Proficient understanding of business sensitivities and confidentiality
- In-depth understanding of how legal issues affect organizations
- Well-versed in how business operate with financial acumen
- Minimum 10 years of broad legal experience
- Proven general counseling experience in business environment
- Proficient legal experience in a wide range of contracts, Human Resources and M&A
- Experience with corporate governance issues and corporate secretarial duties
- Experience working as part of an Executive team, in a fast-paced, challenging work environment
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity, and gravitas
- Proactive, responsive, and efficient
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills
- Superior Management and Leadership skills
- First class interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to anticipate legal issues or risks and to “see around the corner”
- Ability to develop legal strategy and objectives
- Current member, and in good standing with the State Bar Association
- Employment Law
- Litigation Management
- Review of Contracts
- Maintenance of Corporate Records
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employers and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed