Loyal Source Government Services is seeking a Lead Payroll Specialist for an opportunity supporting the humanitarian effort in Indiana.
This payroll position will have the sole responsibility for timekeeping, travel expense reimbursements and payroll processing for 500+ medical clinic employees providing mission critical services on an army base. The payroll specialist must be perform role on location (not remote), and should expect a varying schedule to ensure supported employees who work both day and night shift at the medical clinics have access to payroll support.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Manage UKG Workforce Ready (Kronos) timeclock enrollment and timekeeping processes for 500+ employees.
- Gather information on hours worked for each employee via time management through UKG Workforce Ready.
- Manage accuracy of employee set-up in HR/Payroll System (UKG Pro, formerly Ultipro)
- Provide training to timesheet approvers and other stakeholders in payroll process.
- Calculate the correct amount incorporating overtime, deductions, bonuses etc. with assistance of a computer system.
- Review expense reimbursement requests for proper documentation.
- Calculate payment of per diems for employees on travel assignment.
- Receive approval from upper management for payments when needed.
- Prepare and execute pay orders through an electronic system or distribute paychecks.
- Keep track of hour rates, wages, compensation benefit rates, new hire information, etc.
- Address issues and questions regarding payroll and travel expense payments from employees and superiors.
- Prepare payroll and time reporting for upper management, accounting department, etc.
- Reconcile assigned payroll group before sending to supervisor for review.
- Other job duties as assigned by management.
- EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: BA/BS in related field, preferred.
- EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Minimum of 5 years’ experience with high volume processing.
- Proven payroll experience
- Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll best practices
- Proficient in MS Office and good knowledge of relevant payroll software and databases
- KRONOS and Ultipro (UKG) experience preferred
- Trustworthy with attention to confidentiality
- Outstanding organization ability with great attention to detail
- Communicates and works well with others in a team environment and provides superior customer service
We offer a competitive base salary and a full benefits package including health, STD & life insurance as well as optional dental, vision, LTD and a 401(k) plan.
Direct applicants only please, no agencies. LSGS does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters.
LSGS prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic consideration protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed