Employee Relations Specialist
- $90,000 salary
- Schedule: 60 hours per week
- Schedule will be a 12 hour shift, 5 days per week between the hours of 7am – 10pm.
- Example schedules are as follows: 7am – 7pm, 8am – 8pm or 10am – 10pm
- Facility is located in Pecos, TX
- Lodging & Food provided/included
The Employee Relations Specialist is responsible for engaging with employees and leaders at critical moments in the employee life cycle to ensure an equitable, inclusive, and respectful experience for all employees consistent with LSGS’s policies, values, and culture. Leading workplace investigations, policy creation and interpretation, performance management, medical accommodations, workplace training, organizational change assessment, crisis response, case data analytics, and other workplace projects impacting the employee experience. Handling a wide range of complex and highly sensitive employment situations and demonstrate strong emotional intelligence to skillfully interact with employees at all levels of the organization who have a wide range of experiences and backgrounds.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
• Efficiently enters and maintains employee data into Human Resources Information System (HRIS); including multiple excel spreadsheets with a high degree of accuracy while meeting all deadlines
• Managing employee relations work flow including, but not limited to: investigations, documentation, communication with candidates as well as management team, documentation and follow up.
• Responsible for engaging with employees and leaders at critical moments in the employee life cycle to ensure an equitable, inclusive, and respectful experience for all employees consistent with LSGS’s policies, values, and culture.
• Leading workplace investigations, policy creation and interpretation, performance management, medical accommodations, workplace training, organizational change assessment, crisis response, case data analytics, and other workplace projects impacting the employee experience.
• Handle a wide range of complex and highly sensitive employment situations and demonstrate strong emotional intelligence to skillfully interact with employees at all levels of the organization who have a wide range of experiences and backgrounds.
• Conduct complex and sensitive workplace investigations with little supervision, including determining appropriate investigation strategies, leading witness interviews and document review, and determining findings and recommendations for appropriate resolution. Investigation topics include, for example, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, theft, conflicts of interest, and other policy violations.
• Ensures compliance with all company policies and procedures and Federal, State and Local laws and regulations which pertain to Human Resources
• Ensure customer satisfaction by responding to phone calls and emails regarding employee data and general human resources inquiries including
• Collect, maintain and update Employee records including update work locations, pay rates, PTO, status changes, password resets as needed
• Assists with inquires and issues related to benefits and other administrative HR processes, Triage employee inquiries and connect them to the right subject matter expert when necessary
• Research HR issues and offer constructive recommendations
• Identify opportunities to improve HR programs and propose solutions to increase efficiencies across the team
• Partners with other department PM’s/DPM’s/Managers to assess, respond and escalate employee issues as needed to ensure appropriate resolution
• Manages monthly projects and reports such as Last Date Paid Audits, Term Logs, etc.
• Ability to run and analyze reports
• Timely and accurately process employee terminations and issue exit letters, complete unemployment claims, process employment verifications and I-9’s E-Verify
• Support credentialing with onboarding inquiries
• Provide support in sending out offer letters
• Handle confidential information and matters of discretion in a professional manner.
• Knowledge of workers compensation processes
• Escalate issues as necessary to HR Manager or Leadership
• Other duties as assigned by manager.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: Bachelor’s degree in Employee Relations, Human Resources or related field required or three years of human resource experience three years in employee relations preferred OR its equivalent through training, education, and other experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: Ability to provide guidance to employees and department heads in the area of Human Resources.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: 2+ related experience in human resources.
- Knowledge of the basic principle of all States personnel laws, rules and regulations. Knowledge of related computer applications including database entry and Microsoft.
- Strong and effective communication skills – written & oral in English and Spanish preferred.
- Able to communicate and work well independently and in a team environment and must be self-directed with minimal supervision.
- Familiar with Federal DOL, Wage & Hour rules and laws.
- Familiar with Employee Laws and EEOC guidelines.
- Ability to effectively document and maintain HR related policies & procedures, interviews and investigations
- Ability to prioritize and continuously follow up on projects and deadlines
- Ability to explain complicated subjects to different skill levels.
- Excellent customer service skills, strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail and solid organizational skills.
- Proven ability to work under steady pressure with frequent interruptions and a high degree of contact by phone and email.
- Flexible and willing to handle an ever-changing work environment.
- Exercise good judgment and maintain confidentiality in maintaining critical and sensitive information, records and reports.
- Competent in the use of MS Word and Excel.
- Authorized to work in the United States
• All candidates must be physically able to perform all strenuous duties entailed in this position. Candidates will be able to exert themselves under rigorous environmental conditions., These physical demands are including but not limited to pulling up or repositioning patients, lifting supplies, bending over to perform certain duties.
• This individual must also be able to maneuver throughout small hallways and many stairways either in response to emergencies or to conduct daily responsibilities.
• This candidate will be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time. Be physically active for long periods without getting tired or out of breath. Coordinate movement of several parts of the body, such as arms and legs, while the body is moving such as: stooping, bending, lifting, pulling, and twisting. Able to walk long distances up to and including 200ft over uneven dirt grounds.
• Candidates will possess the ability to work irregular hours; and will be flexible to change location within a sector when asked.
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employer and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed