Loyal Source is currently hiring a Payroll Manager to join our team in Orlando, FL.
This position will provide mission critical, integrated, operational support for the Accounting Department’s infrastructure essentials.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- The Payroll Manager provides leadership to a growing team of Payroll Specialists processing
- payment for over 5,000 employees.
- The Payroll Manager is responsible for interviewing, hiring, and training new staff in the department.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- The Payroll team processes weekly, bi-weekly and semi-monthly payroll based on contract specifications. Must oversee that payroll is done in a timely manner and that there are no issues
- that require delayed payments or supplemental payroll runs.
- Implement, maintain, and review payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other
- Oversight and administration of timekeeping and payroll systems
- Provide training across company on timekeeping and payroll related policies
- Work with Human Resources and Program Managers to ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
- Facilitate internal and external audits by providing records and documentation to auditors.
- Identify and recommend updates to payroll processing software, systems, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Provide excellent customer service regarding employee questions on their paychecks and other payroll related questions.
- Must communicate & follow up effectively with teams, management, program managers and contract officers to ensure timesheets are submitted, reviewed and approved accurately and timely.
Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with customers, the billing department, other members of the payroll department and account managers. Use of payroll software with accuracy and efficiency. Exceptional customer service to employees, account managers and other staff members. Weekly and monthly reporting to direct supervisor.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: BA/BS in related field, required.
Payroll related certifications, required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: 5-10 years experience in payroll, required
- Proven payroll experience
- A strong team player with superb interpersonal skills
- Proficient in MS Office and good knowledge of relevant payroll software
- and databases
- Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll best
- Strong attention to detail and goal oriented
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Trustworthy and attention to confidentiality
MENTAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions and to deal with problems involving a few variables.
TECHNOLOGICAL ABILITY: Competent in the use of MS Word and Excel. Proficiency in payroll related software (i.e. UltiPro, ADP).
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employers and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed