This position will ensure the integrity and accuracy of accounting information in compliance with US GAAP and by maintaining internal controls over financial transactions and financial reporting.
BA/BS in related field
Thorough knowledge of US GAAP and basic accounting procedures and principles
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Make regular check deposits, update AR system for check and ACH receipts.
- Investigates and resolves issues associated with processing of cash receipts.
- Attend weekly unapplied cash meetings.
- Prepare with appropriate support, journal entries into the general ledger system
- Complete data imports from source systems into general ledger system.
- Complete reconciliations between source and GL systems and investigate variances.
- Complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations with proper support, investigate variances and provide Controller recommendations for adjustments when needed.
- Prepare analytics and explanations for financial statement variances
- Prepare ad hoc financial reporting and analysis for operational teams
- Prepare lead sheets and other schedules/analysis needed for audit process
- Support month-end and year-end close proces
- Provide input into department’s goal setting process
- Success is measured by meeting deadlines on monthly closing calendar and daily tasks.
- Success is also measured by thoroughness and accuracy of work product.
- Staff Accountant must maintain effective working relationships with other Loyal Source employees and outside suppliers.
- Recognizing problems, offering solutions, informing management and making recommendations for improvement. This will be done through verbal and written communication as assigned.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Excellent excel skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Communicates and works well with others in a team environment.
- Enthusiastic, results-driven and solutions-orientated with a strong work ethic and integrity.
- Effective time management skills, with strong organization and prioritization abilities.
TECHNOLOGICAL ABILITY: Competent in the use of MS Word and Excel.
We offer a competitive base salary and a full benefits package including health, STD & life insurance as well as optional dental, vision, LTD and a 401(k) plan.
Direct applicants only please, no agencies. LSGS does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters.
LSGS prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic consideration protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed