Loyal Source is currently hiring a Human Resources Specialist for an opportunity to work onsite in Pecos, TX for a 9 month contract.
- Must work onsite in Pecos, TX or be within a commutable distance.
- Lodging & Food provided
- Schedule: Tuesday – Saturday or Sunday – Thursday
- Compensation: $23.60/hr. plus $4.22 for health and welfare
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Efficiently enters and maintains employee data into Human Resources Information System (HRIS); including multiple excel spreadsheets with a high degree of accuracy while meeting all deadlines
- Managing employee relations work flow including, but not limited to: investigations, documentation, communication with candidates as well as management team, documentation and follow up.
- Ensures compliance with all company policies and procedures and Federal, State and Local laws and regulations which pertain to Human Resources
- Ensure customer satisfaction by responding to phone calls and emails regarding employee data and general human resources inquiries including
- Collect, maintain and update Employee records including update work locations, pay rates, PTO, status changes, password resets as needed
- Assists with inquires and issues related to benefits and other administrative HR processes, Triage employee inquiries and connect them to the right subject matter expert when necessary
- Research HR issues and offer constructive recommendations
- Identify opportunities to improve HR programs and propose solutions to increase efficiencies across the team
- Partners with other department PM’s/DPM’s/Managers to assess, respond and escalate employee issues as needed to ensure appropriate resolution
- Manages monthly projects and reports such as Last Date Paid Audits, Term Logs, etc.
- Ability to run and analyze reports
- Timely and accurately process employee terminations and issue exit letters, complete unemployment claims, process employment verifications and I-9’s E-Verify
- Support credentialing with onboarding inquiries
- Provide support in sending out offer letters
- Handle confidential information and matters of discretion in a professional manner.
- Escalate issues as necessary to HR Manager or Leadership
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in human resources experience.
- Ability to provide guidance to employees and department heads in the area of Human Resources.
- 2+ related experience in human resources.
- Knowledge of the basic principle of all States personnel laws, rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of related computer applications including database entry and Microsoft.
- Strong and effective communication skills – written & oral in English and Spanish preferred.
- Able to communicate and work well independently and in a team environment and must be self-directed with minimal supervision.
- Familiar with Federal DOL, Wage & Hour rules and laws.
- Familiar with Employee Laws and EEOC guidelines.
- Ability to effectively document and maintain HR related policies & procedures, interviews and investigations
- Ability to prioritize and continuously follow up on projects and deadlines
- Ability to explain complicated subjects to different skill levels.
- Excellent customer service skills, strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail and solid organizational skills.
- Proven ability to work under steady pressure with frequent interruptions and a high degree of contact by phone and email.
- Flexible and willing to handle an ever-changing work environment.
- Exercise good judgment and maintain confidentiality in maintaining critical and sensitive information, records and reports.
- Competent in the use of MS Word and Excel.
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employer and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed