The Benefits Specialist is responsible for assisting with the administration of all benefits and retirement programs, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability in an Ultimate Software environment for a variety of clients.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Assist in the administration of various benefits plans for various clients including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, wellness plans, QLE and retirement plans.
- Work with the accounting and billing departments on monthly variances
- Complete audits and compliance checks for enrollments, correct rates, correct set up in HRIS and other benefit platforms
- Work with HR Management on wellness plans and initiatives
- Works closely with Benefit Providers to ensure accuracy between our HRIS system and their systems and problem resolution
- Ensures the accuracy of all benefits enrollments in the HRIS to provide vendors with accurate eligibility information.
- Answers questions and provides information and general assistance regarding benefits and related human resources programs, plans, policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Responds timely to benefits inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries by thoroughly researching and investigating the issue(s) and reporting back the finding to the employee.
- Assist in processing leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability and FMLA.
- Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities.
- Performs various audits of benefit plans to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Process new hire enrollments and assist with the planning, deliver, and implementation of annual open enrollment.
- Ensure LSGS compliance with HIPAA, maintaining employee privacy where appropriate, including confidentiality and protection of sensitive information.
- Ensure company compliance with federal and state/local laws as applicable.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the HR Management team.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in human resources experience and a minimum of three years in HR and benefits administration
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions and to deal with problems involving a few variables.
TECHNOLOGICAL ABILITY: Advanced skills with MS Word and Excel.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Extensive knowledge of employee benefits and applicable laws.
- Extensive knowledge of human resources employment policies and procedures to ensure integrity of data within the HRIS system
- Ability to key high volumes of data in an accurate and timely manner within the HRIS system
- Ability to maintain the highest confidentiality and preserve data security
- Able to work collaboratively with multiple levels of the organization and team members
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple initiatives and change focus quickly to meet business needs within a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and is attentive to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications ability to learn and become proficient with new and existing company specific software applications; ability to become proficient with the applicant tracking system and other onboarding related software
- Ability to take initiative in identifying problems, collecting data, and establishing facts in order to recommend practical decisions and solutions
- Strong customer focus and consistently performs with a sense of urgency
- Experience in a high-volume, multi-unit, multi-state environment preferred.
SilkRoad applicant tracking system experience preferred.
- 3 years+ related experience in hr/benefits.
- Experience with Ultimate Software a plus
- Strong knowledge of HRIS/benefits administration systems
- Good understanding of Healthcare Reform
- Self-directed, works with minimal supervision
- Work under steady pressure with frequent interruptions and a high degree of contact by phone or in person
- Exercise good judgment and maintain confidentiality in maintaining critical and sensitive information, records, and reports
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office products, particularly Excel
- Familiarity with staffing, healthcare, or the federal contracting highly desirable
- Strong and effective communication skills – written & oral in English and Spanish preferred.
- Able to communicate and work well independently and in a team environment and must be self-directed with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize and continuously follow up on projects and deadlines
- Excellent customer service skills, strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to work under steady pressure with frequent interruptions and a high degree of contact by phone and email.
- Authorized to work in the United States
Per the Presidential Executive Order 14042, all associates supporting the federal government are required to be fully vaccinated. All applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination upon hire.
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employers and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed