Loyal Source is currently hiring an Employee Relations Specialist for our corporate office located in Orlando, FL
The Employee Relations Specialist will facilitate employee relations and workplace investigations on behalf of the company. Under general supervision, employees perform assignments of considerable difficulty requiring the exercise of reasonable initiative and independent judgment in drafting, interpreting, and implementing rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
Pay and Benefits:
- $70,000 – $75,000/annually
- Medical / Dental / Vision benefits
- Flexible Spending Program
- 10 PTO / 7 Sick / 11 Paid Holidays – Year 1
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Provides assistance and guidance to employees and managers with questions regarding company policies and practices.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Advises and trains employees and managers in best employee relations practices and strategies for managing supervisor problems and employee grievances.
- Provides additional employee training on topics that may arise from lessons learned, state or federal or contract training requirements, etc.
- Recognizes sensitivity, complexity and urgency of employee relations issues and take appropriate action, including providing sound guidance on a resolution and protecting sensitive information to the extent possible.
- Implements and enforces progressive discipline policy and other employment related policies to ensure consistent and fair application for improved employee morale.
- Reviews and approve progressive disciplinary notices. Escalate progressive steps and/or terminations of employment to HR Leadership for review and approval.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues.
- Conduct prompt, thorough, neutral, accurate and defensible workplace investigations into allegations of misconduct, including but not limited to: harassment, (including sexual harassment), discrimination, retaliation, insubordination, workplace violence, substance abuse, safety and security violations, and violations of company policy or procedure. Will be expected to conduct high-level workplace investigations on short timeframes ranging from simple to complex issues and escalating significant issues to HR Leadership.
- Creates and maintains separate tracking and filing (case management process) for investigations, disciplinary activities, or incidents that arise whether through regular communication channels in the organization or via the anonymous employee hotline
- Conducts weekly meetings with respective business unit managers
- Assists and directs employees and managers on any workers compensation claims on filing, documenting, and communicating with appropriate parties
- Handles employee request for reasonable accommodations under the ADAAA
- Handles employee requests for reasonable religious accommodations
- Directly works with the FMLA and LOA requests with employees, ensuring that all forms and notices are provided and processed. Accurately track FMLA and LOA utilization hours and work with payroll and benefit deductions.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Works with HR corporate leadership on mitigating risk and communicating potential escalated issues and concerns
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs, and policies.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Provides monthly and quarterly incident reports to HR Leadership to determine potential trends or issues at company and client locations. Discuss action plans to prevent continuous or further issues.
- Track and log other employee related incidents in company systems including COVID-19, FMLA, LOA, etc.
- Maintain detailed and accurate accounts of investigations with timely documentation of the notes and supporting documents into the case management system and/or file
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors degree in Employee Relations, Human Resources or related field required or, three years of professional human resource experience, including three years in employee relations and workplace investigations preferred OR its equivalent through training, education, and other experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of state and federal laws concerning labor relations.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Thorough understanding of EEOC, ADA, FMLA, etc.
- Thorough understanding of dispute resolution and excellent documentation.
- Ability to remain tactful, calm, and persuasive in controversial and/or confrontational situations.
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employers and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor
Per the Presidential Executive Order 14042, all associates supporting the federal government are required to be fully vaccinated. All applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination upon hire.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed