This position will provide mission critical, integrated, operational support for the Accounting Department’s infrastructure essentials.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Oversee and manage the general accounting functions, including, but not limited to: subledger imports, general ledger, and taxes
- Manage the monthly close calendar, including timely close of each module.
- Subledger imports and reconciliations.
- Responsible for review and approval all monthly journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Help with quarterly and year-end financial audit activities and the annual corporate financial statement and controls audit
- Responsible for completion of monthly and quarterly bank reporting.
- Assess current practices and procedures, and make recommendations for improvements
- Prepare, review, and analyze financial statements to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as requested
- Supervise and/or manage general ledger accounting functions
- Develop staff by managing performance, setting goals, providing ongoing training, and maintaining strong employee relationships
- Work with external auditors to ensure correct and timely closing and reporting at year-end
- Responsible for implementing new accounting pronouncements and preparing technical briefs supporting accounting positions.
Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with customers, other members of the billing department, the payroll department and account managers. Exceptional customer service to customers, account managers and other staff members. Weekly and monthly reporting to direct supervisor.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: BS in Accounting, CPA license
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: 7+ years of progressive accounting experience.
SKILLS/ABILITIES: A strong team player with superb interpersonal skills
Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals
Strong attention to detail and goal oriented
Commitment to excellent customer service
Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
Strong Organizational Skills
Trustworthy and attention to confidentiality
MENTAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions and to deal with problems involving a few variables.
TECHNOLOGICAL ABILITY: Proficient in the use of MS Word and Excel. Proficiency in Microsoft Dynamics SL (or other relevant ERP system).
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employers and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.