This position will oversee the policies, procedures, and HR processes of the company’s field Employee Relations Departments, developing and improving programs and HR functions related to employee morale and satisfaction. Providing guidance on and directly handling high level employee relation matters to ensure staff are treated fairly and respectfully across the organization. This position will act as the subject matter expert (SME), who will advise and support field employees, managers, leadership and HR teams on a broad range of escalated employment issues including HR policy interpretation, performance management, complaint investigation, employee discipline and misconduct, accommodations, terminations, reorganizations, and remediation of employment-related disputes.
· Bachelors degree in Employee Relations, Human Resources or related field required
· 10+ years of professional human resource experience, employee relations preferred OR its equivalent through Advanced degree, JD, or other specialized training in labor/employee relations
· Advanced understanding of employment and HR related laws, regulations, policies, principles, concepts, and practices, including Title VII, ADA, ADAA, and FMLA.
· Thorough understanding of dispute resolution and excellent documentation.
· Ability to handle controversial and/or confrontational situations.
· Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and able to manage through ambiguity and change
· Solid sense of accountability, high-quality judgment, and sound decision-making
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
· Conduct High-level HR investigations for field staff and management to include gathering and analyzing facts, applying relevant laws, policies and best practice to reach conclusions, recommend and influence leadership actions.
· Assess, diagnose, and coach field HR Teams and employees through complex employee relations issues, relative to: performance management; workplace investigations and fact-finding; involuntary terminations; accommodations; policy enforcement; workforce reductions
· Audit and ensure all HR processes are being followed and documentation is thorough for investigations, PIP, retention programs, progressive discipline compliance and related and specific field policies and procedures in addition to statutory compliance-related programs such as OFCCP and HIPAA compliance, document retention matters, etc.
· Structure HR Teams and processes in the field within the expectations of specific contract guidelines and requirements and assist with contract start up on providing HR guidance on implementing policies and procedures while training HR field support on these policies and procedures.
· Research and explain labor laws and state regulations concerning employment to field managers, leadership, employees, and HR teams.
· Lead designing and delivering trainings for field staff, managers, leadership and the HR team that ensure compliance with relevant legislative changes and guide best practices while addressing supervisor problems and employee grievances.
· Assess problematic areas with field program/department managers addressing issues through mediation efforts and/or investigations and reporting to contract specific leadership.
· Uses surveys, interviews, and other studies to conduct research regarding human resource policies, compensation, payroll trends and other employment issues. After analyzing the information, make recommendations on changes to HR Leadership.
· Assist with creating and reviewing job descriptions for field staff supporting ADA parameters.
· Assist VP of HR in the research and gathering of documentation for EEOC claims.
· Responsible for the development of project plans related to field Audit Support for clients. (i.e. Act as the primary point of contact to gather all of the relevant information/material for various diligence and audit requests.)
· Maintain required documentation, including intake and investigative notes, supporting documents and final reports.
· Acts as a leader for change management work around HR initiatives and in support of business changes that impact employees at all levels.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Ability to travel to client sites as needed.
- Experience working for a Government contractor or other highly regulated environment
· Significant high-level experience leading and conducting investigations for a large universal organization
- Broad knowledge of employee relations, complex workplace investigations, federal and state laws / regulations (including but not limited to Title VII, ADA, ADAAA and FMLA).
· Has successfully provided expertise, consultation, guidance and coaching to managers and leadership to address sensitive and/or difficult employee behavior and performance concerns
· Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner and appropriately escalate issues
· Strong communication, interpersonal and persuasion skills.
· Ability to convey ideas and recommendations in a clear, compelling, and succinct way (written and verbal)
· Ability to establish influential partnerships working with peers, senior leaders and across organizational lines
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
· Effectively manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines, prioritize conflicting demands, and execute on initiatives with a bias towards actions and solutions
· Exceptional judgment, active listening, and critical thinking skills
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employers and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed