Under supervision of the CEO the Contracts and Compliance Manager will oversee the contracts department while running and enhancing a companywide compliance program while leading a team of professionals responsible for ensuring compliance of FAR, DFAR and Cost Accounting Practices. The Compliance Officer will drive complex compliance projects and lead cross-functional team in setting and managing milestones and deliverables to achieve stated outcome while ensuring compliance. Works to advise the business leaders on policy, procedure and risk assessments and audits on behalf of the organization.
- A successful candidate should possess a deep understanding of FAR/CAS compliance and possess the instincts, drive and judgement to interface with senior leaders across the company and audit community. Candidate should have experience working with external legal team to keep up to date on FAR and all other state and federal regulations. Should be well versed in federal and state labor compliance.
- Government Services Contract experience is required
- FFP, T&O, Cost plus Contract experience is required
- 7-10 years minimum experience
- Bachelors degree required, JD or MBA preferred
- 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Responsible for managing the day-to-operations of the compliance program across the system
- Provides direction for project planning and administration of key compliance initiatives, including risk assessments, policy management, and internal audit data
- Provides direction for compliance communications and awareness across Ascension
- Develops system-wide annual compliance training/education programs, including targeted and job-specific compliance training, as needed
- Provides oversight of monitoring and auditing activities in coordination with Internal Audit and other key stakeholders
- Monthly and quarterly division compliance audits, SCA Audits, and Contract Audit Compliance.
- Provides direction to, and coordinates with, market Senior Directors of Compliance for standardization and uniformity in implementation of compliance projects, oversight activities, and key compliance processes that are centrally designed and subsequently disseminated to the ministry markets
- Serves as a compliance thought leader attending operational meetings, as needed
- May represent the organization as a primary contact with management, customers, and outside organizations.
- Collaborates across functions and project teams to deliver solutions to business challenges. Recommends areas for process improvement.
- Compliance policy developments and supportive processes
- Compliance training and communications
- Compliance strategic initiatives to further enhance the Compliance function
- Managing and allocating enterpriser compliance resources to support various business unit compliance needs
- Accountability to analyze reports and information about investigations
- Establish and foster trusted relationships with cross functional business leaders and key stakeholders to position compliance as a strategic business partner
- Monitor external environment and changes to FAR/DFAR/CAS and other pertinent regulations and ensure implementation of best practices
- Drafts compliance guidance to be used to educate and train as necessary
- Review of Cost Accounting Practice changes to ensure compliance
- Prepare Cost Impact Analysis as required to support Cost Accounting Practice changes
- Perform periodic reviews of Disclosure Statements to ensure adequacy and
Support DCAA audits of Disclosure Statements, Cost Impacts, & Other
- Compliance Areas
- Reviews and compiles Business Systems self-assessments for management
- Works closely with Manager, Incurred Cost to ensure proper treatment of
- unallowable costs
- Writes White Papers in areas of FAR/DFAR/CAS where questions are being
- asked that require research and recommendations to management for action
- Provides training in the areas of FAR/DFAR/CAS/Business Systems
- Performs Business Systems Oversight across Corporate & Sectors to ensure compliance & audit readiness
- Partake in Compliance Department initiatives and projects
- Accountable for ensuring leading client service and professional associations between the firm’s compliance division and business development group
- Help to ensure consistent flow of information between Compliance and Legal
- Performs risk assessment and mitigation activities and audits as related to compliance. Conducts initial and periodic environmental assessment, risk analysis, and audits.
- Develops and monitors corrective action strategies and action plans. Communicates status of same to leadership.
- Monitors and keeps leadership abreast of regulatory issues, deficiencies, or potential problems that may have financial impacts or involve regulatory intervention activities.
- Serves as compliance auditing, investigation and consulting resource to organization. Provides project management, coordination, and analytical support for compliance projects. Provides consultation on internal and external requirements. Evaluates regulatory requirements and potential operational impacts. Advises operational units on policy, procedure, and operational work plans development.
- Communicates regulatory issues, deficiencies, or potential problems as they relate to possible financial impacts and/or regulatory intervention activities. Develops, implements and coordinates training programs.
- Investigates complaints received by anonymous complaint line or any other means. Reports findings and resolutions to leadership.
- Assists in identification of compliance program needs. Recommends and develops strategies and plans to address same.
- Develops supporting documentation for compliance program. Reviews and revises Compliance department work plan on regular basis
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.