Loyal Source Technical Services Division is seeking a Construction Surveillance Engineer (CSE) for a contract position supporting the US Naval Station in Kings Bay, GA.
For more information, please contact Michael Bulmer at 407-902-2109 or send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bachelor of Science in Architectural or Engineering degree
- Construction technical competencies and qualifications to verify that a specific level of workmanship was obtained
- Knowledge of construction scheduling methods and familiarity with the use of scheduling software, including but not limited to Primavera Suretrak/P3/P6 and Microsoft Project
- Proficiency in computer software programs such as MS Office, Adobe Acrobat Professional; and RS Means/CostWorks
- Average agility and dexterity. CSE will be required to perform duties that involve moderate walking over rough, uneven or slippery surfaces, recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, climbing ladders, walking up and down several flights of stairs or similar activities, recurring lifting of moderately heavy objects less than 50 lbs. such as testing or measuring equipment, and regular visits to construction sites.
- Ability to communicate effectively, concisely and authoritatively in English both orally and in writing. Experience in preparing correspondence, written reports, and in briefing management personnel
- Experience in developing and maintaining complex, long term, multi-year program construction management activities including submittal and Request for Information (RFI) processing
- Experience and familiarity with Federal building design criteria and construction guide specifications
- Knowledge of construction practices and techniques, e.g., proper applications of construction materials and methods of installation
- Ability to accurately calculate construction costs for changes orders.
- Ability to monitor the preparation of as-built activities of contractors to ensure that those documents are being prepared on an on-going basis. Ability to review contractor submissions of as-built drawings for completeness and accuracy and advice in writing the appropriate Government personnel as to the acceptability of such submissions
- Ability to identify critical and long lead-time materials and recommend procurement strategies to prevent negative impact on quality, cost, and schedule
- Completed the 30 Hour OSHA Construction Training within the past 2 years
- Must hold a certificate in USACE Construction Quality Management (CQM) for Contractors Training (maintain valid 5-year certificate) or obtain certification within 60 days of onboarding
- U.S. Citizen
- A valid driver’s license
- Coordinate requests from Construction Contractor and Client.
- Attend Meetings and Conferences (CQC, Sub-contractor, Safety, etc.)
- Provide Construction Briefings and Reports.
- Review of Submittals.
- Progress Schedules and Network Diagrams.
- Schedule Submittal Requirements.
- Create and manage Contractor Quality and Safety plans
- Monitor construction work for project CQC compliance with the contract and Contractor-submitted plans.
- Prepare Contract Construction Compliance Notices (CCCN).
- Report instances of non-compliance with safety requirements.
- Contractor Crane Inspections
- Monitor compliance with environmental protection requirements.
- Monitor, measurements, assurance surveying and materials testing.
- Witness testing of waste, gas, water, electrical, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, fire protection, elevator, boiler and energy monitoring control systems as prescribed in BMS B-188.8.131.52.
- Review Daily CQC Reports and Contractor Production Reports (CPRs).
- Monitor the up-dating of Submittal Status Logs.
- Prepare Construction Representative’s Reports (CRRs).
- Notify CMO of Possible Labor Standards Violations, Disagreements or Discrepancies, and Major Problems
- Assist conducting pre-final inspections.
- Provide advice for modification negotiations.
- Maintain Working Files.
- Cost Estimating Services.
- Narrative Assessment.
- Analysis of Estimates Prepared by Others.
- Construction Photographic Services.:
- Report Progress Photographs.
- Completion Photographs.
- Special Construction Operations Photographs.
- Camera Passes.
- Record Drawing Services General Requirements.
- Monitor As-built Preparation.
- Constructability Review Services
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.