Loyal Source Technical Services is seeking a Drafter/CAD Operator 2 for a contract opportunity working at the Kennedy Space Center in Port Canaveral, FL.
For more information, please contact Michael Bulmer at 407-902-2109 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Perform wide-ranging assignments as required to produce maps, complex electronic detailed drawings, and other engineering documentation in a variety of disciplines requiring extensive relevant experience. Determine best method to produce drawings and documentation from a variety of sources, including sketches and notes, surveys, field investigations, or examination of similar work. Research and develop minor designs based on personal knowledge and experience and/or working under guidance of engineering.
- Working from engineer's general verbal instructions, prepare sketches and notes, using Computer Assisted Design/Drafting (CADD) equipment, develop or revise intricate and complex drawings, diagrams and layouts for single or multidisciplinary engineering construction, fabrication, or installation purposes.
- Determine the need for, request, or perform field investigations when appropriate to obtain the information required to develop or integrate design projects.
- Calculate and lay out dimensions, angles, and curvature of parts, utilizing knowledge of engineering practices and mathematics.
- Convert dimensions from English to metrics (soft or hard), perform other required conversions, and portray appropriately on drawings. Devise improved techniques and obtain required approvals for implementation.
- Determine materials to be used and appropriately illustrate and annotate on drawing, utilizing knowledge of engineering practices, building materials, and manufacturing technology in a variety of disciplines and project environments.
- Basic mathematics skills and the specialized applications ability to read, analyze, and interpret written English and SI information including metric conversions and regulations.
- Where information includes precise information and terminology, must be able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of specialty segments of the business along with specific Microstation CADD computer system operations experience. AutoCAD experience is a plus.
- Associate degree, or equivalent experience, in a specified discipline such as drafting.
- At least 5 years of experience, including experience in at least three disciplines in CADD drafting or a related field.
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. For more information about Loyal Source, visit https://loyalsource.com/ and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook &Twitter for open positions.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.