Loyal Source's Technical Division is hiring a Senior Systems Engineer for our client in Oviedo, Fl.
For more information please contact Alex Fields at 407-930-8524 or email@example.com
Our software and systems engineering teams are engaged in supporting various DoD simulation and training systems programs. Projects include development of reconfigurable training systems incorporating gaming technology, and the enhancement of aircraft trainers.
Systems/Project Engineer responsible for all engineering activities including requirements analysis, design, testing along with corresponding documentation of software/hardware systems in accordance with the organizational standard processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead all engineering effort across systems, hardware and software disciplines.
- Analyze customer specifications to derive and document system requirements.
- Manage the System Development Life Cycle to ensure technical scope, engineering cost and schedule objectives are met from contract award to customer acceptance.
- Managing engineering risk, actions and issues.
- Manage project-based customer expectations using Technical Interchange Meetings, Integrated Product Meetings, Requirements Review, Design Review and Test Readiness Review Meetings.
- Lead and manage engineering portion of the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS).
- Develops and executes test plans and procedures to verify system requirements, while documenting and managing closure of defects.
- Coordinates delivery of all Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) items
Education / Experience:
- Requires Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience in an engineering discipline with a minimum of ten (10) years of simulation training systems development experience or equivalent engineering development.
- Candidate must be capable of obtaining and maintaining US Department of Defense secret security clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Strong Systems Engineering expertise using mature processes through the full SDLC of at least one project.
- Leadership of multidiscipline engineering teams of at least 5 engineers.
- Requirements Management tool (e.g., DOORS or Team Foundation Server).
- Bug tracking tool (e.g., Bugzilla or Team Foundation Server).
Preferred, but Not Required Skills:
- Systems Engineering in a CMMI Level 3 (or higher organization).
- Virtual Simulation Experience.
- Project Engineering Experience.
- Expert level using Microsoft Team Foundation Server as a Systems Engineer.
- Cost Account Manager using Earned Value Management.