Loyal Source Government Services has an opening at the 75th Medical Group, Hill Air Force Base (Ogden, UT) for a Bioenvironmental Engineer/Industrial Hygienist to perform a full range of environmental health engineering duties (detailed below).
For more information, please contact Ian Machicote at 407-930-8547 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bioenvironmental Engineer/Industrial Hygienist to perform a full range of occupational and environmental health engineering duties, using government furnished supplies, facilities, and equipment at Hill AFB.
- Conduct detailed risk assessments, with special emphasis on occupational health-risk assessments of occupational exposures
- Document worker exposures and identify abatement procedures as necessary
- Perform and manage various BE tasks, including performing surveys and maintaining databases (including DOEHRS) for industrial hygiene and environmental health surveillance
- Conducts various surveys and makes measurements for industrial ventilation, noise, toxic air contaminants, and environmental sampling programs
- Contractor support also is required in training industrial personnel on workplace hazards.
Position Requirements / Mandatory knowledge and skills:
- English language, correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and format to prepare written correspondence, forms or reports. Must be able to read, understand, speak, and write English well enough to effectively communicate with all staff/administrative personnel.
- Standard office equipment, such as computers, typewriters, copiers, fax machines, and telephone systems.
- General medical ethics, telephone etiquette, excellent communications and customer service skills and use of occupational and environmental health and safety terminology.
- Privacy Act, Freedom of Information Act, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, Drug Abuse Offense and Treatment Act, and Comprehensive Alcohol Abuse amendments.
- Education: Preferred: Degree from an Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) accredited engineering program or degree in Industrial Hygiene, Chemistry or Biology, or possess a current certification by the American Board of Industrial Hygiene as a Certified Industrial Hygienist.
- Required: A minimum of 7 years of experience in the bioenvironmental engineering (BE) career field.
- Experience: Candidate must be familiar with industrial hygiene concepts, practices, and procedures. Candidate is expected to accomplish detailed health risk assessments of industrial operations pursuant to guidance identified and may oversee the planning and prioritization of occupational and environmental health surveys and may review final work products for technical accuracy and conformance with technical guidance and policy. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Six or more years of experience in the bioenvironmental engineering career field or a closely related civilian equivalent is required.
- Work Environment/Physical Requirements: Requirements include prolonged walking, standing, sitting or bending. Must be able to carry 20-30 pounds.
- Travel: Local travel to complete surveys and/or attend meetings within the local city or base
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employers and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.