Loyal Source Technical Services is seeking a Structural Section Supervisor for a contract opportunity working with our client company in Bingham Farms, MI.
For more information, please contact Brian Rodino at 407-381-7738 or via email at email@example.com.
In this role you will be responsible for planning, organizing, and leading a group of structural engineers and designer/drafters. You will serve as a mentor to your employees and provide crucial individual feedback to each one on an ongoing basis. With each new project assignment, you will ensure that your employees are not only challenged but are also the right fit, relative to aptitude and career aspirations, for the project team. You will have opportunities to support large multi-disciplinary proposal efforts, and to actively seek out, capture, and then lead single-discipline projects for your group.
The structural section currently includes approximately 20 to 25 talented engineers and designers working on many unique and challenging projects ranging from quick turn-around projects lasting a few hours to large multi-year projects. The structural group typically works between 12 to 20 projects concurrently and several dozen projects during any year.
- Due to federal requirements for large portions of the assigned work, US Citizenship is required for this position. If Dual they will need to know with what Country and verify. They may refuse some.
- BS or MS Degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, or related engineering field.
- BS degree requires a minimum of eleven (11) years related experience. MS degree requires a minimum of nine (9) years related experience.
- Requires demonstrated leadership skills as evidenced by prior supervisory experience. Must be able to effectively communicate with others.
- PE license is preferred but not required.
- Must be knowledgeable of the entire design and construction process including marketing, planning, estimating, budgeting, execution, delivering, post design, and construction.
- Experience with dynamic loading, blast loading, building and design codes such as IBC, AISC, ACI, UFC, and ASCE, and the use and knowledge of finite element modeling is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated leadership ability. Able to oversee a team of structural engineers and designer/drafters working on multiple small and large projects concurrently.
- Must have strong time management and organizational skills.
- Promote a culture of caring and safety both at work and away from work
- Business development efforts – actively sell work for your section
- Make employee work assignments and engage with staff to counsel, mentor, and monitor progress
- Help staff validate the technical approach including checking your team’s work when necessary
- Track career growth path for employees
- Voluntary training for professional growth
- Identify and groom future leaders
- Identify technical training needs and obtain funding
- Manage/balance workflow in section
- Conduct 1-on-1 meetings with your employees (at least quarterly)
- Conduct annual performance reviews
- Administer employee disciplinary actions and/or terminations
- Review and approve employee timecards (weekly)
- Attend monthly staff meetings (Director and Branch level)
- Host section staff meetings (monthly or as needed)
- Participate in long term planning for your section – including recruiting/hiring
- Coordinate Co-op & Summer Internship opportunities
- Attend monthly project reviews for projects that include support from your section
- Monitor your Lead Engineers’ work plan in accordance with deliverables required, budget, and schedule (at least monthly)
- Elicit feedback from project managers and clients on individual and team performance and product quality
- Track/assign mandatory training for employees
- Travel between Jacobs offices and client sites as needed
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employers and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.