Loyal Source Technical Services is seeking a medical laboratory technician for a contract opportunity working with our client company at Wright-Patterson AFB, OH.
For more information, please contact Tonio Ortega via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Process specimens using the appropriate equipment, instruments, or techniques to assure optimum patient specimen integrity and positive identification throughout the test process.
- Perform quality control procedures that assure all test performance, test methodologies, and equipment perform within the manufacturer's guidelines and performance specifications.
- Provide results within the Turn-around Time (TAT) as defined in each section. TAT is the time it takes to process, accession, test, and enter results into the Composite Health Care System Database for each sample. The standard is to provide 100% accurate and 100% reliable and confidential results, to the authorized facility ordering or using the results for a table of turnaround times.
- Perform and document equipment preventive maintenance and function checks to assure proper test performance and result reporting of equipment to the Government within manufacturer's guidelines and performance specifications.
- Perform and document all tasks to meet established standards of the Public Health Reference laboratory.
- Test and analyze all specimens/samples by established scientific laboratory techniques to aid in diagnosing, treating, and preventing diseases or to support medical research.
- Perform diagnostic analysis of biological specimens for: Bacteriology, Parasitology, Immunodiagnostics, Virology and Molecular Diagnostics, including all aspects of analysis (receipt, specimen preparation, analysis, and reporting of results).
- Must participate in the CAP or alternate proficiency-testing program.
- Possess an associate degree or higher in a laboratory science, or medical laboratory technology from an accredited institution
- Be certified by the ASCP, AMT or other board of registry deemed comparable by OASD(HA) or their designee (CLMS) as an MLT, MB, or MT/MLS.
- May be required for either shift work or non-shift work depending on day to day scheduling.
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employers and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.