What you will do:
This is a description of the requirements for a Senior FPGA Developer Engineer. Abilities will include a command of firmware principles, organization and structures, and analytical skills to condense a set of functional requirements into firmware requirements.
· Designing, implementing and troubleshooting FPGA solutions from functioning Matlab and/or Simulink models.
· Work in a team of engineers to integrate FPGA boards with Embedded systems.
· Design verification via digital scopes such as SignalTap or Chipscope.
· Accurate code and interface documentation.
· Use of git & github or other forms of revision control.
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science.
· Experience in VHDL and/or Verilog/System Verilog
· Experience writing Higher Order Language code (Python, C++) to generate automated test scripts for unit testing
· Experience with Integrated Development and Simulation Environments (ModelSim, QuestaSim, Quartus II, Vivado, and ISE)
· Familiar with FPGA, CPLD capabilities and technical merits.
· Firm grasp of writing Synopsys Design Constraints
· Xlinx – RFSoc
· Able to generate, understand and interpret resource usage reports and apply them to analyze requirements
· Have an understanding of optimization through floorplanning
· Good documentation habits
· Must have experience in the entire design process of an FPGA board bringup.
· Familiarity with measurement devices such as Spectrum Analysers, Oscilloscopes, etc
· US Citizenship or Permanent Resident status
· Minimum Experience in Expertise: 5 Years
· DSP background
· Experience in high speed digital systems
· Experience in UVM verification
· Have previously implemented Nios II processors
· Expert in timing closure
· Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science.
· Preferred Experience: 7 years
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.