Loyal Source Technical Services is seeking a Controls Technician for a contract opportunity working with our client company in Honolulu, HI.
For more information, please contact Brian Rodino at 407-381-7738 or via email at email@example.com.
Under minimal direction, conducts preventive maintenance, repair, installation, replacement of outdated equipment as well as commissioning of highly complex systems (including detailed troubleshooting of systems (Metasys or equivalent). Responsible for high levels of customer satisfaction through direct, on site, customer interface. Provides consultant level services for the customer related to building automation systems and ensures ultimate customer satisfaction levels with assigned customers. Provides recommendations for system improvements to customers. With a high level of complete technical competence, mentors lower level Controls Technicians and mechanical labor on building automation activities. Properly completes all required project and service documentation.
- Diagnoses and repairs complex control system malfunctions requiring extensive knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital controls systems (Metasys) and ability to test and write modifications in multiple languages of systems software.
- Provides solutions to complex control system problems by either troubleshooting the system or advising others on how to resolve problems. Requires thorough understanding of systems software and ability to write or recommend modifications to programs as needed.
- Leads in the writing, loading and commissioning of all system and network-level controllers as required. Assists in validation of complete system functionality and troubleshoots problems with subcontractors and other trades to ensure proper operation.
- Other duties related to the installing, commissioning and servicing of building controls and facilities management systems and energy management systems as assigned.
- Assists in the design and configuration of building control systems as defined by the contract documents.
- Provides sketches of field changes and discrepancies for engineering corrections and drawings. May assist with job layouts and bid proposals.
- Compiles all job documentation, such as certificate of completion, customer training form, training certificates and punch lists.
- Keeps management and contractor or customer informed of job progress and issues.
- Performs site-specific training for owner/operator on the total building control system.
- Manages assigned work to meet professional and efficient execution, of time and customer satisfaction. Reports problems or changes to management
- immediately. Interfaces with Project Manager, Site Supervisor or subcontractors on projects to coordinate activities as required in an ethical and professional manner.
- Trains the customer in control systems operations. Delivers manuals and documentation to the customer for training needs as required.
- Conducts on-going intense self-study (reading, research, practice) to maintain the highest technical proficiency in the company's product lines.
- Adheres to all safety (EM385-1-1) standards. Provides safety leadership and instruction to all controls technicians in the branch. Provides safety awareness and instruction to subcontractors on work sites.
- Vocational School four year program or an Associate degree in electronics, mechanical systems, computer technology, air conditioning or similar field plus three years of industry experience or five years experience in servicing electronic and/or mechanical systems in the HVAC industry. Generally required knowledge includes HVAC controls systems, facilities management systems, site preparation, peripheral equipment installation and servicing techniques.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance required. (This involves a background/character, criminal history, employment and credit check).
- Able to act independently and to coordinate the work of other employees and contractors on a customer site.
- Effective interpersonal skills to represent the company to customers and other outside contacts. Able to explain technical information to technical and non-technical people.
- Must have experience in writing as well as demonstrated understanding of computer programs and Metasys software applications.
- Demonstrate knowledge of construction or HVAC industry.
- Demonstrate knowledge of control theory, automatic temperature controls, building automation systems and other building subsystems.
- Demonstrate experience in the integration of low voltage building sub-systems using various industry protocols (i.e. LON, BACnet, N2, Modbus, etc.).
- Demonstrate advanced computer skills required, and computer related drafting tools. Must have experience with Metasys and legacy control products and systems.
- Experience supporting government contracts and healthcare facilities preferred.
- Strong safety background to include OSHA-30, CPR and First-Aid certification preferred.
- Working knowledge of the US Army Corps of Engineering’s safety manual EM385-1-1.
- Strong Quality Control background with QCM certification preferred.
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employers and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.