Loyal Source Technical Services is seeking a Project Specialist- Security Installation Technician for a contract opportunity working with our client company in Minneapolis, MN.
For more information, please contact Ian Machicote at 407-930-8547 or via email at email@example.com.
Under minimal supervision, this position is responsible for installing programming, system start-up/check-out, certification, and related customer training on assigned security projects
- Installs, programs, tests, repairs, and services a substantial variety of systems and equipment which may include security, fire alarm & life safety, and/or building automation. Colleague is key interface for the provision of technical support and training for the customer and as such is accountable for maximizing customer satisfaction. Assignments are broad in nature and may require a high level of ingenuity and proficiency.
- Reads complex blueprints, schematics, manuals, and other specifications to determine installation requirements; Interprets manuals, schematics, and wiring diagrams, and repairs equipment, utilizing knowledge of electronics and using advanced test instruments and hand tools.
- Operates systems to demonstrate equipment, commission new systems, analyze performance and identify malfunctions. Writes non-routine programs of substantial variety and complexity for systems.
- May provide custom systems integrations, detailed systems upgrade planning and execution, systems audits and consultation, and/or database management and manipulation. May install, configure, and support a variety of network systems and equipment for assigned projects.
- Consults with engineering personnel to resolve unusual problems in system operation, maintenance, and warranty work.
- Executes all the technical aspects of multiple projects with varying timelines and budgets including, preparation of project deliverables such as submittals/shop drawings/training documentation, programming, graphics development, start-up, certification testing, customer training, close-out documentation, and on-going technical support etc.
- Works closely with the Project Manager and assists in the overall coordination of specific projects including supervision and oversight of subcontractors and installation work; makes recommendations regarding quality of work and potential changes in scope, and identifies ways to continuously improve customer satisfaction.
- Product certifications strongly preferred: Avigilon, Milestone, AMAG or Genetec
- Exceptional customer focus and ability to regularly work under pressure; consistent ability to maintain awareness of, and seek to meet the needs and wants of the customer without being prompted
- Strong technical skills and experience related to electronic security systems
- Strong programming skills and proven ability to troubleshoot problems and look for solutions
- Must be a self-starter and work well without supervision
- Advanced mechanical and electrical aptitude (e.g. works with a variety of hand and power tools such as drill, screwdriver, wire stripper, hacksaw, crimper) and ability to read blueprints and drawings; advanced math skills (for some positions, this may include calculating area, velocity, resistance, voltage, etc.)
- Frequent visits to jobsites are required. Minimal overnight travel is required.
- Valid drivers license required.
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employers and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.