Loyal Source Technical Services is seeking a Ship Configuration Manager for a contract opportunity working with our client company in Silver Spring, MD.
For more information, please contact Ian Machicote at 407-930-8547 or via email at email@example.com.
The candidate will support various new ship design and construction programs under the NOAA Fleet Recapitalization efforts. The primary focus of this position will be the development and configuration management of program acquisition documentation during all phases of analysis, design, development, construction, delivery, commissioning and Fleet Introduction. Some travel will be required, principally to vendors, shipyard locations, and/or various NOAA locations.
The principal duties of the Ship Configuration Manager include but are not limited to the following: development of milestone documentation in accordance with Department of Commerce scalable acquisition framework; management of ship construction specifications and drawings; and development and execution of a configuration control process. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring program requirements traceability through all developed documents. The incumbent will review and be involved in various shipyard activities and submissions to ensure the contract requirements are met. It will be necessary to write reports on various subjects as appropriate and perform other duties as assigned.
- BS Engineering, Science or other Technical Discipline
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Strong technical and specification review/writing experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detailed oriented and well organized
- 10-20 years’ experience/knowledge of the principles, methods and techniques used in various systems during every stage of new ship construction
- Strong industry experience with a focus on shipbuilding, ships and engineering systems
- Experience should also include strategic planning, requirements analysis, concept design and development, feasibility studies, systems integration, and program implementation of commercial ships.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) and/or Program Management Professional (PMP) certificate
- Maritime related program/acquisition management experience.
- Experience as a 1st Engineer or Chief Marine Engineer onboard research ships, particularly NOAA vessels.
- Experience with standard software used during ship construction: Navisworks, AutoCAD, Ship Constructor, Rhino, all Microsoft products and SharePoint
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employers and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.