Loyal Source Technical Services is seeking an Embedded Software Engineer for a contract opportunity working with our client company in Simi Valley, CA.
For more information, please contact Dominic DeTrani at 407-591-3116 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Report to our Software development lead or Chief Engineer.
- Produce software documentation including requirements, descriptions, and progress reports.
- Provide special attention to remote operation and troubleshooting.
- Be responsible for design, implementation, integration and test of modules and subsystems.
- Troubleshoot, isolate and solve problems on existing Hardware/Software systems.
- Conduct periodic reviews of procedures and software development systems in order to recommend improvements for consideration.
- Work with customers and senior scientists to create system product requirements
- Provide software architectural direction and cohesion across all products.
- Plan development and production releases.
- Documentation: produce documents describing programs, systems, procedures,
- Prepare and present technical content to internal team members and customers.
- Contribute technical content for proposals for telemetry/antenna systems when required.
- You must be willing to travel Internationally
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or software engineering
- 5+ years of relevant job experience
- Agile Development techniques
- Revision control software
- Ability to communicate concepts to coworkers of all educational levels
- Ability to work under ITAR and other similar requirements and restrictions
- Solid understanding of engineering principles
- Firm understanding of best practices involving code modularization and reuse
- Experience in developing for both Linux (5+ Years) and Windows (2+Years) systems
- Experience in developing both concurrent and event loop driven software
- Debug tools such as gdb, core dumps, and backtraces
- Experience with both Object Oriented Programming and Functional Programming paradigms
- Familiarity with Unit Testing, system simulation
- UI Design using standard libraries (e.g., GTK, Qt)
- Multi-threaded applications (Linux, POSIX threads, 2+ Years)
- Qt development environment (1+ Years).
- Python (2+ Years)
- C++ (5+ Years)
- ARM (Atmel)
- Build tools (cmake (2+ Years), GNU make (2+ Years))
- bash (5+ Years)
- Measurement equipment (Spectrum Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, etc.)
- Various communication protocols (RS-232/422, TCP/UDP, ISA, PCIe, I2C, SPI)
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employers and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.