Loyal Source Technical Services is seeking a Suppression Technician for a contract opportunity working with our client company in Atlanta, GA.
The Suppression Team is responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing special hazard systems. Experience in portable fire extinguishers, emergency lighting, and kitchen suppression systems is preferred but not required. This team does not typically work on fire sprinkler or fire alarm systems, but often works alongside those teams to provide comprehensive life safety services to customers.
About the Position:
- The qualified candidate will run a route inspecting, servicing and repairing engineered special hazard fire suppression systems (high- and low-pressure CO2, Clean agent and inert gas systems) as well as some pre-engineered industrial systems such as automotive paint spray booths.
- Recommendations to those customers needing products and services to meet compliance with current fire codes.
- Maintain your weekly, monthly and annual quota as set forth by the Manager.
- Comply with all customer service obligations as set forth by the manager and all company policies as set forth by the department, district, and client.
- Perform all other duties as set forth by the Manager. This may include but is not limited to assisting other districts, shop, installation and marine work.
Skills & Qualifications
- Georgia State permits in Engineered and or Industrial Pre-Engineered Systems.
- Manufacturer Certification for at least one Engineered or Pre-Engineered Systems.
- Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, submittals, and operational/product manuals.
- Knowledge of test equipment, multi-meter, digital analyzer, and commissioning devices.
- Familiarity with clean agent systems such as Fike, Fenwal, Kidde, Pyro-Chem or Ansul.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 100 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 200 feet.
- Able to work at heights up to 250 feet
- Able to work in underground mines
- Able to work in surface mines.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
- Maintain truck inventory to ensure timely response to customer needs.
- Strong mechanical skill set.
- Ability to weld and cut steel
- Perform fire inspections and turn in paper work in a timely manner
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly
- Self- starter/Able to work with little supervision
- Possess a valid driver’s license and driving record that meets company requirements.
- Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
- Retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes.
- Knowledge of applicable NFPA standards.
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employers and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.