LSGS is seeking a Traumatic Brain Injury Subject Matter Expert to support the Traumatic Brain Injury Center of Excellence (TBICoE) Clinical Affairs Branch, Dissemination Branch, Research Branch and Mission Support office as a component of the Defense Health Agency (DHA).
For more information, please contact Cassie McDonald via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
TBICoE’s mission is to provide TBI clinical investigation, surveillance, and education to service members, including Guard and Reserve, and veterans with TBI, as well as their families. This multifaceted approach to TBI is best served with coordination between divisions and offices to ensure the service member or veteran with TBI and their families receive the best care and services available in both the DoD and Veteran Affairs Health Systems (VA).
- SMEs are professional personnel who have published in peer review publications and/or conducted presentations at professional meetings.
- Excellent oral and written communications required.
- Knowledge of TBI and statistics, required.
- Knowledge of DoD and VA health care systems preferred.
- Must have strong collaborative and organizational skills and strong writing and analytic skills.
- May supervise one or more assistants or junior colleagues.
- Must adhere to legal, professional and ethical codes with respect to confidentiality and privacy.
- 5-10 years of experience in the area of healthcare and/or healthcare research required.
- Experience with TBI, prior experience with DoD/VA systems preferred.
- Must complete CITI/ HIPAA training.
- Must be available to travel locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally.
- Professional degree [MD, OD, PhD, MD/PhD, or relevant terminal doctorate degree] with specialty training in areas such as Neurology, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Neurosurgery, Clinical Neuropsychology, Clinical Psychology, Neuro-Optometry or related field strongly preferred.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to carry light items – up to 25 lbs.
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employers and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.