LSGS is seeking a Research Neuropsychologist to support the Traumatic Brain Injury Center of Excellence (TBICoE) Clinical Affairs Branch, Dissemination Branch, Research Branch and Mission Support office as a component of the Defense Health Agency (DHA).
For more information, please contact Cassie McDonald via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is in direct support of the TBICoE clinical research mission. S/he will be responsible for providing expertise in cognitive neuroscience and neuropsychological assessment relevant to traumatic brain injury (TBI) and clinical research. S/he will work in collaboration with other staff to design, conduct and report on research with military Service Members and Veterans who have sustained TBI. Clinical functions will not take more than twenty percent of the work week and will be in support of the clinical research at the site.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the duties listed below, as outlined in the contract statement of work:
- Develops, implements and conducts brain injury investigations in collaboration with other investigators. May serve as Investigator on TBICoE clinical research studies.
- Provides expertise in cognitive neuroscience and neuropsychological assessment relevant to research on traumatic brain injury (TBI).
- May provide direct services, to include screening, neuropsychological assessment, treatment, referral, consultation and education related to TBICoE clinical research studies.
- May conduct neuropsychosocial evaluations and provides therapeutic interventions related to clinical research protocols including crisis counseling to individuals as needed to facilitate TBI clinical care management and optimize care.
- Collaborates with staff to design, conduct and report on research with military Service Members and veterans who have sustained TBI.
- Plans, implements and reports results of studies on behavioral and cognitive correlates of in Service Members and veterans with traumatic brain injury. Presents clinical research data at conferences or meetings.
- Attends scientific forums relevant clinical research meetings, proposes/guides research initiatives and supports joint research efforts with allied professions.
- Follows and applies TBICoE HQ and site specific research processes and SOPs set forth by TBICoE leadership.
- Coordinates with principal and co-investigators regarding technical and/or clinical problems affecting research efforts.
- Prepares research protocols and interacts with research program offices and Institutional Review Boards (IRB).
- As it relates to TBICoE’s clinical research mission provides direct services, to include screening, neuropsychological assessment, treatment, referral, consultation and education.
- Assists in the development, implementation and maintenance of partnerships with patients, other health care providers and community resources as applicable.
- Participates, as appropriate, in departmental Quality Assurance (QA) programs and adhere to all safety regulations at all times.
- Prepares requests for actions/proposals to include assisting with grant proposal applications, their associated documentations and requirements. Facilitates the flow and approval processes for TBICoE as needed or requested.
- 2-6 years of experience with administration and interpretation of various neuropsychological tests.
- Must have and maintain a current license to practice as required by discipline. This license must be current and unrestricted (not subject to restriction pertaining to the scope, location, or type of practice ordinarily granted to other applicants for similar licenses in granting jurisdiction).
- Prior experience within the DoD/VA systems of care preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary health care team is required.
- Knowledge of the principles and theoretical concepts of brain injury pathophysiology, clinical effects and treatment required.
- General research knowledge with the ability to develop and implement scientifically sound research protocols required.
- Ability to effectively author professional, peer reviewed journal articles, manuscripts, research grant applications, posters and research reports required.
- Ability to select and apply statistical techniques appropriate to the brain injury research protocols under development and/or application is required.
- Knowledge of the administrative processes appropriate to the position required.
- Ability to administer, score and interpret neuropsychological (cognitive performance) testing is required.
- Must be able to work comfortably with computer software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Must adhere to legal, professional and ethical codes with respect to confidentiality and privacy.
- Must be available to travel locally, regionally, and nationally.
- Ph.D., PsyD degree in Psychology/ Neuropsychology or a related neuropsychology field and have completed a postdoctoral fellowship including clinical research experience –preferably in TBI neuropsychological assessment/consultation.
- As applicable, maintains continuing education credit sufficient for both their clinical license and to meet medical facility specific Quality Assurance standards for credentialing.
- Must have attended a formal neuropsychological fellowship in clinical Neuropsychology and be skilled in specialized testing and assessment procedure.
- Current certification in Basic Life Support and applicable regulatory trainings related to Human Subjects research is required.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to carry light items – up to 25 lbs.
- May encounter patients who are confused, agitated, or abusive.
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employers and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.