Loyal Source is seeking a skilled Senior Software Engineer and experienced technical leader to develop advanced learning technology solutions such as Serious Games, Virtual Worlds, Web Based Learning, and Mobile Apps. The ideal candidate will convert requirements into great interactive software. Loyal Source wants not just a great technical architect but a leader that can mentor and professionally grow engineers on their team. This position coordinates closely with the Development Director and Quality Assurance Lead to execute vision and enforcing good process standards. This is a full-time position based out of the Orlando headquarters.
- Analyzes functional requirements in order to develop software requirements, related design, and code.
- Leads and contributes to the analysis, design, development, test, modification and integration of software
- Performs software testing (unit tests, peer code reviews, etc.)
- Applies and maintains quality standards
- Assesses severity of problems, determines corrective action, resolves technical problems, and performs fault isolation and implements solutions
- Revises and updates programs and documentation, including reviewing schedules and milestones
- Maintains the host environment and toolsets required to implement software deliverables
- Assists in specification preparation and assesses products for integration
- Assists in the writing of technical documentation including reports, manuals, and procedures
- Keeps abreast of industry standards, best practices, tools, and other improvements in programming techniques
- Engages in continuous self-improvement of technical skills
- Identifies and recommends value-added changes to existing coding practices, standards, and processes
- Shows commitment to company values
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Computer Science or related field from an accredited college or university
- 10+ years of professional experience developing software in a team production environment
- Mastery of at least one of the following object-oriented computer languages: C#, C++, Java
- Proficiency with current development practices using modern game engines (e.g. Unity)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Common Access Card or DOD Security Clearance (if required).
- Proficiency with Task and Issue tracking software (e.g. Atlassian Jira)
- Proficiency with Revision Control Software (e.g. SVN, Perforce)
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS) or Learner Record Stores (LRS) (e.g. SCORM, xAPI)
- Experience developing native mobile applications for Android and iOS
- Experience with a full web stack programming (e.g. LAMP)
- Experience with web development and deployment technologies (e.g. Angular)
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage time efficiently and meet deadlines consistently
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employers and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.