Project Summary Loyal Source is currently looking for candidates to support our customer, the Department of State, Overseas Buildings Operations, Office of Construction Management (CM) for assignments abroad.
Electrical Engineer, providing OBO/Kaduri a full range of critical engineering and construction quality assurance and management and technical oversight of the Kaduri project. An Electrical Engineering degree is required. Responsible for performing technical inspections of electrical work, monitoring the contractor's quality control program, and reviewing project drawings and specifications to ensure compliance. This position is established to support and assist OBO/Kaduri in ensuring the completion of the project in accordance with contract requirements. Specific experience with high and low voltage equipment, as well as telephone and fire alarm systems desired.
- Ensures that the contractor is performing the required contract work in accordance with the design documents.
- Must be able to read design/construction drawings and be able to understand design narratives and calculations. Review engineering shop drawings and determine if the contractor has complied with the final design parameters.
- Observe onsite construction and determine if construction elements are being installed, formed, and executed properly.
- Responsible for performing quality assurance tasks, ensuring contractor's work is properly inspected and corrective actions take place, ensuring materials meet contract, reviewing contractor submittals for compliance with contract requirements, and resolving conflicts.
- Monitor the construction contractor's quality assurance and safety program. Observe onsite construction and determine if construction elements are being installed, formed, and executed properly.
- Monitor construction progress vis-à-vis the project schedule and submit weekly progress reports with recommendations based on the technical review of project documents and field inspections.
- Perform technical inspections of the electrical elements of the project.
- Must understand and be able to interpret drawings in his/her discipline and have an understanding of the principals of his/her discipline and how it fits in with other disciplines.
- Top Secret clearance
- Mechanical Engineering Degree from an Accredited University in the United States
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience working on an active construction site (Design office experience shall not count toward an employee’s experience)
- Experience working on overseas projects
- Valid passport at least 6 months from expiration
- COVID, CDC and WHO vaccinations or willing to get vaccinated
- Ability to live overseas for extended deployments (1 to 4 years)
- AutoCAD and/or Revit
- Microsoft Office
- Highest personal and professional ethical standards
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Must be able to track progress using Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), Integrated Master Schedules (IMS), and project plans
- Must have a high level of attention to detail
- Consistent work history
- Prior military/federal experience
- Understanding of federal and commercial workmanship standards
- Broad knowledge and experience in commercial construction
- Government construction experience
- Team building experience
- Understanding of contract vehicles, task orders, and know-how to respond to RFP's
- Active ProjNet account with knowledge of DR Checks and the OBO IDR Review Process
- Active PIV (Personal Identification Verification) badge
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.