Project Summary Loyal Source is currently looking for candidates to support our customer, the Department of State, Overseas Buildings Operations, Office of Construction Management (CM) for assignments abroad. The Mechanical Tradesman, providing OBO/Kaduri with a full range of critical engineering and construction quality assurance and the management and technical oversight of the Kaduri project. The position is responsible for performing technical inspections of civil and structural work, monitoring the contractor's quality control program, and reviewing project drawings and specifications to ensure compliance. This position is established to support and assist OBO/Kaduri in ensuring the completion of the Kaduri project in accordance with applicable US codes and standard building practices.
- Candidates proposed for Field Technician/Tradesman positions shall hold a high School Diploma; possess excellent writing skills and thorough knowledge of Microsoft Suite; and have ten (10) years of relevant construction experience.
- Ensures that the contractor is performing the required contract work in accordance with the design documents. Must be able to read design/construction drawings and be able to understand design narratives and calculations.
- Review engineering shop drawings and determine if the contractor has complied with the final design parameters. Observe onsite construction and determine if construction elements are being installed, formed, and executed properly.
- Responsible for performing quality assurance tasks, ensuring contractor's work is properly inspected and corrective actions take place, ensuring materials meet contract, reviewing contractor submittals for compliance with contract requirements, and resolving conflicts. Monitor the construction contractor’s quality assurance and safety program.
- Observe onsite construction and determine if construction elements are being installed, formed, and executed properly. Monitor construction progress vis-à-vis the project schedule and submit weekly progress reports with recommendations based on the technical review of project documents and field inspections.
- Perform technical inspections of the civil/structural elements of the project.
- Must understand and be able to interpret drawings in his/her discipline and have a basic understanding of the principals of his/her engineering discipline and how it fits in with other engineering disciplines. Must be able to review shop drawings and submittals from the contractor and determine if coordination with other disciplines are necessary in addition to monitoring on-going construction work to identify problems or non-compliance with design or contract specifications.
- Prepares construction reports detailing construction progress and identifies any problem with the construction process related to the incumbent’s area of expertise. After problems are discovered, evaluate contractor’s proposed remedy. Formulate solutions for the Project Director/Construction Manager. Construction on the Kaduri project will be performed to U.S. standards; should have current working knowledge of acceptable products and procedures.
- Will review design documents (drawings and specifications) that the A/E prepares as well as perform quality assurance for the construction project in his/her technical area of expertise.
- Other duties as assigned by the Project Director.
- Top Secret clearance
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience working on an active construction site
- Experience working on overseas projects
- Valid passport at least 6 months from expiration
- COVID, CDC and WHO vaccinations or willing to get vaccinated
- Ability to live overseas for extended deployments (1 to 4 years)
- Microsoft Office
- Highest personal and professional ethical standards
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Must be able to track progress using Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), Integrated Master Schedules (IMS), and project plans
- Must have a high level of attention to detail
- Consistent work history
- Prior military/federal experience
- Understanding of federal and commercial workmanship standards
- Broad knowledge and experience in commercial construction
- Government construction experience
- Team building experience
- Active ProjNet account with knowledge of DR Checks and the OBO IDR Review Process
- Active PIV (Personal Identification Verification) badge
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.