The I&C Engineer will work supporting our client in Greenville, SC. The role is in the initial design phase for an innovative nuclear power plant, because of this they are looking for an I&C Engineer who has a background both in design and field work.
*Must be legally able to work for Loyal Source in the United States.*
• Plan, organize, and coordinate I&C engineering and multi-disciplined team/design projects while engaged in the planning, design and construction phases of engineering projects.
• Conduct construction document reviews as required.
• Perform a broad range of I&C design activities, including design definition, control systems architecture and development, digital systems, PLC, DCS, network configuration, logic development, network switches, process controls, P&ID development support and review, HMI, communication protocols, routing and layout, SIL, and procurement activities.
• Interpret and apply National, State, and Local codes and standards, and customer design requirements for the preparation of electrical design/construction documents, specifications, and system descriptions related to assigned tasks through project startup.
• Prepare engineering cost and schedule estimates.
• Generate and review the accuracy of design/evaluation calculations, and specifications.
• Familiarity with Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) applications is required.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical (Power) Engineering or similar accredited engineering B.S.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience (nuclear preferred) in design, estimating, specification preparation, construction document preparation, and related phases of engineering.
• Professional Engineer (PE) License preferred but not required.
• Must be legally able to work for Loyal Source in the United States.
• Must have a working knowledge of Federal (including Department of Energy Orders), State, and Local codes and standards applicable to electrical engineering design.
• Familiarity with Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) applications.
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employer and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.