Principal Fire Protection Engineer
• Provide technical direction to assigned engineers.
• Conduct construction document reviews as required.
• National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET) Level III (Water Based
Layout) Certification acceptable in lieu of B.S. in Engineering.
• Generation of Facility Hazard Analysis (FHA) documents, modifications to existing FHA
documents, facility FP assessments, exemption and equivalency requests, detailed FP design,
and calculation of various FP systems including pre-action, wet pipe and dry pipe systems, and
review of FP packages and contractor submittals.
• Familiarity with computer aided drafting applications is required.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Fire Protection Engineering or similar accredited engineering B.S.,
minimum 15 years of practical related engineering practice (nuclear preferred), 8 years of which
will have been in charge of diverse fire protection engineering design/construction work.
• Professional Engineer License preferred but not required.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen.
• Must have a working knowledge of Federal (including Department of Energy Orders), State, and Local codes and standards applicable to fire protection design.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.