Telecommunications Cabling Infrastructure Senior Engineer
This position will serve as a Senior Telecommunications Cabling Infrastructure Engineer with
demonstrated subject matter expertise with industrial and nuclear fiber optic & copper cabling and
associated cabling infrastructure requirements.
• Provide technical direction, guidance and demonstrated expertise in the development and
implementation of the ISP & OSP fiber optic / copper (CAT 6 & above) cabling and associated
cabling infrastructure [MDF/IDF Room & Telephone Closet design & layout, cabinet/panel &
enclosure layout, cabling pathway design (cable tray, conduit & U/G duct bank)].
• Develop and implement effective cabling and infrastructure designs that include providing
specifications, cable schedules and drawings that comply with relevant codes, standards, and
• Apply working knowledge of BICSI, IBC, ANSI/TIA, and NFPA regulatory and code
requirements to site facilities.
• Familiarity with Telephone, LAN/WAN and Distributed Antenna System
• Knowledgeable of Avaya G450 Telephone (or equivalent) equipment
Education and Experience:
• 10+ years of cumulative, relevant experience.
• Engineering degree required.
• Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD) through Building Industry Consulting Service International.
• Professional Engineer License a plus.
• Experience with Building Industry Consulting Service International (BICSI), National Fire
Protection Association (NFPA), International Building Code (IBC) and American National
Standards Institute/Telecommunications Industry Association (ANSI/TIA) codes and
• CAD experience in 2D Microstation, Revit or AutoCAD drawings.
• Familiarity with Navisworks 3D Modeling software
• Experience with MS Office Suite and Engineering Document Control/Management Systems
• Ability to communicate technical topics clearly and effectively with internal and external
• Must be a U.S. Citizen.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.