Loyal Source is actively seeking an experienced Service Technician, for a contract to hire position in Secaucus, NJ.
What to expect as a Commercial Security Senior Service Technician:
The Senior Service Technician will be responsible for service, maintenance, repairs, and troubleshooting/diagnostics on access control equipment and IP based video systems including but not limited to: electrified and non-electrified locks, card readers, ancillary door devices, IP and analog cameras, head-end video recording devices, wired and wireless systems and intercom systems.
Travel to Commercial client sites in a company vehicle throughout New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, and parts of Pennsylvania to service, repair, troubleshot and detect access control equipment and IP based video security systems. Including but not limited to:
Electrified and non-electrified locks, card readers, ancillary door devices, IP and analog cameras, head-end video recording devices, wired and wireless systems and intercom systems)
· Troubleshoot system installations in a such a manner as to identify issues and to apply the most effective and efficient resolution consistent with company installation standards; identify and repair physical security systems as required to ensure operability and compliance with any applicable building code
· Apply all necessary documentation for tracking of service related issues
· Demonstrate knowledge and skill in the safe use of hand and power tools, analog/digital test equipment and CCTV testing devices
· Demonstrate proficiency in reading and understanding electrical schematics, CAD drawings and related documents for their use in low voltage applications
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external customers
· Provide phone and on-line remote diagnostic support
· Drive to commercial client sites, with a company issued vehicle, to perform service
· Perform other duties as assigned by Operations Management
· What knowledge and skills are required:
· High School Degree, Vocational School or equivalent required
· 5+ years of field experience
· Personal insurance coverage of 100/250 or better (covers up to $100,000 per accident for property damage liability and up to $250,000 per accident for bodily injury liability)
· Experience with any or all of the following preferred: Software House, Lenel, AMAG, S2, Brivo, Milestone, Exacq, Axis, Bosch, Commend, DMP, Open Options, Notifier, Fluidmesh or ONSSI, Genetec, Avigilon, DMP
· Certifications in at least one of the above listed manufacturers is a plus
· Possession of state specific licensing (i.e. Class D or Alarm Installer etc.) or ability to hold license once hired
· Understanding of Windows operating systems and overall IT network topology
· Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast based environment with minimum direction
· Good communication skills for effective interaction with internal & external customers
· Available for scheduled “on-call” duties to respond to emergency service calls
· Strong troubleshooting skills, mechanical and electronics aptitude
· Capable of lifting up to 50lbs and work on ladder heights of up to 16’
· Be able to work independently or as a member of a team
· Good verbal and written communication skills
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employers and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.