Loyal Source is actively in search of a motivated Case Manager to place into a 13-week contract position in Morgantown, WV.
- Discharge planning for the inpatient side, though if have ER experience would be great
- Exp & know how for IQ Reviews. IQ is Case Management Software used to document the care plan steps for the patient
- Min 1 yr CM experience in acute hospital setting
- Epic & InterQual preferred
- Have completed previous travel assignments
Case Managers are assigned a set of patients in the hospital across various floors of the hospital. They review patient charts to see if the care plan is appropriate or may need more recommended steps for the patient to have a better outcome when they leave the hospital. This means coordinating for home health, transfers to Long Term Acute Care Centers, Mental Health Centers or even Community Resources. Usually this is done on regular inpatient cases, but it is also common for Case Managers to support the Emergency Room cases that need more coordination before they simply go home.
- Plans, develops, assesses, and evaluates care provided to patients.
- In conjunction with primary care and specialist physicians, evaluates and develops baseline medical and psychosocial evaluations and individualized patient care/treatment plans.
- Recommends alternative levels of care (after discharge).
- Makes assessments of physiological and or functional status utilizing protocols.
- Initiates appropriate diagnostic testing/screening and interventions.
- Develops individualized patient/family education plan focused on self-management; delivers patient/family education specific to a disease state.
- Implements strategies to target/assess risk factors and achieve and ensure patient follow-up according to clinical and strategic measures/outcomes.
- Coordinates the interdisciplinary approach to providing continuity of care, including utilization management, transfer coordination, discharge planning, and obtaining all authorizations/approvals/transfers as needed for outside services for patients/families.
- Consults with internal and external physicians, health care providers, discharge planning and outside agencies regarding continued care/treatment or hospitalization or referral to support services or placement.
- Arranges and monitors follow-up appointments.
- Encourages patient to follow prescribed course of care (e.g., drug therapy, physical therapy).
- Makes referrals to appropriate community services and outside providers.
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide, with a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare. Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employer and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.