Registered nurses perform responsibilities ranging from entry level to journey level. Employees’ responsibilities include providing professional nursing care and treatment to inmates by conducting needs assessments, developing, implementing, evaluating treatment plans, and providing patient care. Nursing care to inmates as part of the multidisciplinary team in accordance with the facilities mission, Virginia Department of Corrections Standards, physician and patient expectations.
What you will do in this role:
• The scope of services involves all aspects of professional nursing care.
• Applies knowledge of principles and practices of professional registered nursing care acquired through formal education and training.
• Contacts are made with patients, medical support staff, supervisory nurses, and physicians in the provision of professional nursing care.
• Work impacts the quality of patient care.
• Successful application of skills enhances positive medical outcomes.
• Receives guidance and direction from a nursing supervisor, manager or medical professional or administrator.
• Develops total patient assessment, which requires considerable judgment and decision-making.
• Provides leadership to LPNs and other medical direct service support staff.
• Work requires frequent use of discretion and judgment in patient assessment and case management.
What qualifications you may need:
• Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing: Associate’s Degree in Nursing or higher is required
• Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Virginia, and/or hold an active Compact/Multi State RN license.
• A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required.
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employers and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. #travelRN1
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.