Purpose and Scope
The project will take place in NASA’s Kennedy Space Center, Florida. The engineer will perform a variety of Heavy Equipment System Engineering assignments in project development, design, operations, installation, and maintenance of systems. These include: mobile heavy equipment, fixed cranes, critical lift plan creation, bridges, and Safety Assurance Analysis development.
Job Duties and Essential Responsibilities
· Perform engineering tasks association with Heavy Equipment operations and maintenance, design development, analysis, or review tasks under minimal supervision. Support field technicians as needed for assigned systems to include authoring of crew tasking for Maximo work orders.
· Troubleshoot and provide technical expertise for technical anomalies as they arise.
· Address and justify preventive maintenance deferrals of assigned systems
· Revise and add new asset information in Maximo database specific to assigned Heavy Equipment systems per MAR (Maintenance Action Request) process.
· Provide leadership and chair the applicable System Health and Readiness Program (SHARP) teams.
· Coordinate and work closely with requester, other engineering, logistics, financial, and program management disciplines to define system specifications and requirements.
· Develop, maintain, and produce technical documentation and system/subsystem specifications.
· Direct interface and liaison with internal and external customers at all levels from concept to final design and commissioning activities, design reviews and technical working group meetings to comply with requirements and specifications.
· Conduct site visits, experimental investigations and analyze engineering problems, propose solutions and alternatives, and provide recommendations.
· Verify and comply with engineering documentation standards and test procedures.
· Support development of technical proposal and provide comments on the technical content (i.e. review proposed designs by others) and level of effort of the proposed scope of work.
· May support development of technical proposal and provide comments on the technical content and level of effort of the proposed scope of work.
· Develop task order requirements to NASA to complete Operations & Maintenance Documentation (OMD) updates per specific, contracted timeframes. OMD updates could be on drawings or job plans for specifically Heavy equipment, bridges and other assigned systems.
· Coordinate and communicate effectively with CAD drafters, Design Engineers, or shop personnel by written or verbal means.
· Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
· Assist in developing monthly meeting content addressing equipment and technical related issues. Track progress and work with colleague to ensure resolution. Transition into conducting the monthly meeting within 6 months.
Education and Experience Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related scientific field; Minimum of 10 years of job-related experience or equivalent.
· Or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related scientific field; Minimum of 5 years of job-related experience or equivalent.
· NCCCO Rigger Level II certification is required.
· NCCCO Lifting Director, NCCCO Crane Inspector certifications are preferred.
· Must be a U.S. citizen and be able to obtain and maintain required clearances/badges as required by program and position.
· Must have the ability to communicate in English, both verbal and written in an effective manner.
· Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
· Good communications and analytical skills.
· Position may require travel.
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employers and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.